Monday, October 9, 2017

Week Three: Getting into the Rhythm

Objectives:

  • Attach main structure sides
  • Paint inside of the library
  • Cut and attach roof
  • Measure faux house pieces
Everything went more smoothly this week. It was satisfying to get into the rhythm now that I have cut, glued, and screwed several pieces. Repetition improves the process and overall confidence in my new skills.

The sides have been properly cut, glued, and screwed into the rest of the structure. I have started to paint the inside. The roof pieces are ready for when the 4 coats of paint have dried. I had leftover outdoor paint from when I painted my back porch. 

I had a fight with the drill while changing the drill bit, but I YouTube-d it for some help. All is well. 

Also, better safety glasses with more coverage helped with my hatred of sawdust. We are now at a "strong dislike" stage. 

I was limited on time this week. I was unable to meet my objectives. I'm getting concerned about meeting my deadlines. I had wanted to have the the pieces cut and ready for next week. I have extra time off coming up when I can catch up. 

Next major step is attaching additional faux houses. On paper it is hard to visualize. I have some concerns about the structure being able to handle the weight with only L-brackets. A future challenge...

I did make this paper version of my concept. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Six: Project Finale