Sunday, October 29, 2017

Week Six: Project Finale

Objectives:

  • Build and Attach Door
  • Paint everything
  • Decorate the library
It is the final week, and I love the way my Whimsical Little Free Library turned out.



I created the door which I thought was going to be the hardest part. The jigsaw lines were much smoother this time. I used a router for the first time, and it was fun to use. It made cool fancy edges on the door. Of course the best part was decorating the Burrow. 

This is the Instructable I have written so you can make your own Whimsical Little Free Library:


Making is hard! Learning new skills and trying to solve problems in an area where you are out of your elements is frustrating. One of the big lessons was that sometimes you just have to change your approach. In your mind, you want it to be one way. Trying different methods can lead to improvement. The next is that repetition leads to perfection. Once you've found a successful was to do something, it still takes practice to get it to how you want it. 

After going through all the challenges of building this library, I feel as if I could accomplish new projects if I stick with it no matter how hard it starts to get. Several times I wanted to quit or change what I was doing because it was too hard. I am glad I finished because the product is so cool. I went outside my comfort zone and it paid off. In the future, I will be less intimidated by new challenges. I did it here, so I can do it again. 

In the future I'll be able to build a whole bedroom set! Seriously, I can take the soft skills I have practiced and apply them to education and career challenges. Patience, perseverance, and problem-solving were all skills I needed to work on. As I have learned through making, practice pays off. If I am ever able to create a makerspace for others, I have the personal experience to guide them with their own projects. I will be able to encourage them to overcome problems...and how to use a circular saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Six: Project Finale