Sunday, October 22, 2017

Week Five: Nearly There

Objectives:


  • Assemble faux houses
  • Attach houses to the main structure
  • Paint 

This week I finally got to the fun part. The little library is almost done. I picked out the paint colors and where I want them to go. I bought the supplies for the door, which is the last part of the project. It was a relief to get the faux houses attached. It was intimidating until I got started. Without the houses, it felt like I would not finish on time. However, this part was a breeze. I have gotten the experience from building the main house to put the small ones together quickly.




I wish I had made the top house longer. It stopped more in the middle instead of 2/3 or 3/4 across. I erred on the small side, worried it would be too heavy. Now I wish I had gone for it since it is extremely sturdy. Those houses aren't going anywhere. Still, once the top gets painted I think it'll grow on me.

I had to figure out some flaws when attaching the houses. Namely, not putting the bracket on in the right order. I couldn't get the screwdriver under there so I took the house off, put the bracket onto the top house first, then attached it to the main structure.

Take a look at the progress through the week:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Six: Project Finale